purple fish guts

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Don't try this at home

Kid A has been under the weather this week, and she is playing the same game over and over and over. Different variations, but essentially the same game. It starts out with Mom giving her something (shirt to wear, cup to drink from, video to watch, food to eat -- you name it.) Then the following conversation ensues:
A: I DON'T WANT THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!
Mom: What do you want?
A: I don't know.
Mom: How about this one?
A: No.
(repeat last two lines way too many times until Mom leaves the room and A cries.)

I've tried multiple variations of the game where I only give her two choices, I walk out of the room earlier, I force my choice on her, etc. but they all end with us both being very unhappy.

She is still saying that her tummy hurts, but she is acting less lethargic today than she has since last Thursday. I'm hoping the end is in sight and she finds a happier game to play. This one is driving me nuts.