purple fish guts

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Their is a great online quiz for a change!

If reading the title this post was worse than the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard, then you are like me. My English usage is not perfect, (and probably gets worse the longer I am out of school) but I have a lot of pet peeves regarding the misuse of words. I liked this online quiz that tested my usage. (I only missed one! It was in the beginner category, which I found amusing.) Some of these errors I've even seen in newspapers and magazines. Please, if you are confused by there, their and they're, please learn them. Don't torture me by using the wrong word. I have a really hard time getting past errors to understand content. It is just too distracting. (The question I missed: I said he had a hardy appetite. He really has a hearty appetite.)

Link: The Commonly Confused Words Test written by shortredhead78 on OkCupid Free Online Dating

For the complete Answer Key, visit the blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.