purple fish guts

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Socks

I took a class at Knitted Together in West Des Moines on how to knit socks. We knit a cute little sock so we could learn the techniques without getting bogged down with a lot of knitting. I brought it home and it fit A perfectly, so I made a match. She loves them.

Now that my confidence in sock construcion is boosted (perhaps beyond my actual abilities) I bought a book "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles" by Cat Bordhi. I got a pair of size 1 Addi Turbo circular needles (16") and a ball of Sockotta color 6669 and got to work. Here is the first sock in progress:

I like circular needles much more than double pointed needles. The person that compared knitting with double pointed needles to wrestling a porcupine wasn't far off, in my opinion.