purple fish guts

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I need a costume tomorrow!




Tonight just a few hours before bedtime Z reminded me that she needed a costume for class tomorrow. They are supposed to dress up like something on a farm. I suddenly remembered the note that came home a few days ago. I found it and read it:

Howdy Ya'All,

In kindergarten we are learning about the farm. We thought it would be fun to have a farm day and dress up like something you would find on a farm. Possible ideas would include a farmer, corn stalk, pig, etc... use things around the house and be creative. We will have our farm day on Thursday April 13. E-I-E-I-O!!!!

We tried to talk Z into something fun -- a tractor, mosquito, horsefly. She wants to be a pig. Nothing else. Here is what I came up with. Pink shirt and pants (no problem yet -- 9/10ths of her wardrobe is pink.) Pigtails will do as ears. For the nose we found a plastic Easter egg with two holes already drilled in each end. (I don't quite know why... airholes for a plastic chick???) I drilled two more holes on the sides of the small half and attached some elastic thread. For the tail I sewed a pony bead onto the backside of her pants. I found a small plastic pink slinky, cut off the end and stretched it out, and wound it through the bead on her pants. Voila! A pig costume. Whew! That stretched the limits of my creativity!