purple fish guts

Friday, August 05, 2005

Buddy Guy

We just got back from the Buddy Guy concert. It was at the amphitheater by the river in downtown Des Moines. I can't think of a better place for a concert like this. The weather was perfect and the music was GREAT!

At first I was debating whether I wanted to go. I mean $35 for a ticket.... ouch! I'm sure some of you have paid a lot more than that to see bands play. Not me. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the most I've ever spent on a concert ticket.

But.... I have to say it was worth it.

The opening band was Del Castillo. They play latin music...... and are really good at it. It's amazing to watch the two guitarists. They play the fast intertwining spanish guitar melodies and I was amazed at how well they kept time with each other. Often times they would be playing the exact same thing and it literally sounded like one guitar. It was really cool to listen to them. They're playing People's in Ames tomorrow night.... if you still want to catch a show.

And Buddy Guy? Well..... let's just say...... there's a reason he's a legend.