purple fish guts

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I don't think I'll be eating at Jimmy John's again

Our family likes eating at Jimmy John's sandwich shop. However, the last time we ate there, Blue had one of his allergic reactions (hives all over and a big fat lip) after eating the Vito sandwich. He and I each went to the corporate website and inquired as to the ingredients of the Vito sandwich to determine what he might be allergic to. We did not know that the other had sent an email. I guess we need to work on our communication skills. I'd say Jimmy John could use some work as well. Here's the response we got back:

    You are obviously dumb @$$es to think we would disclose to you our ingredients.
    Buy a franchise if you want insider info.
    Nice lip by the way.
    Do you two know eachother? If not you should meet.
    jj

I emailed Panera with the same question about their Sierra Turkey sandwich. While their website does list ingredients, one of the ingredients they list is "spices", and we suspect a spice might be the problem. This was their reply:

    Thank you for contacting Panera Bread. I have sent your request for the identity of the spices mentioned in the Sierra Turkey Sandwich to our Nutrition Department. This is a very busy department, so don't be surprised if it takes some time to research your question. I will be back in touch as soon as I hear back from them.Thank you again for contacting us. We appreciate your business and value your comments.
    Sincerely, Stella
    Customer Comment Coordinator

Quite a contrast, huh?

I talked to Bill, the local Jimmy John's franchise owner, and he was very nice. He apologized and said he would take the email to the owner's council. I feel sorry for him that he is represented by such a rude company. I recommend that you Ankeny folks who currently eat at Jimmy John's eat at Bill's Pizza (his other restaurant) across the street instead.

Jimmy John has been added to my Matthew 5:22 prayer list. I suspect he needs Jesus.