purple fish guts

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Those Baptists and their Accordians

Heh..... this is particularly funny to me.

Especially considering that, as a Baptist kid, the accordion was the instrument my parents encouraged me to play. So... it would appear that any hard feelings between Baptists and accordians were resolved by the mid-70's.

I still remember the people at The Professional Music Center asking me what instrument I would like to play. I can't remember if I said drums or guitar.... but I know it wasn't accordian. Then the old guy who looked like he just stepped off The Lawrence Welk Show told me that I could play those later..... but I needed to learn to play the accordian first. Hmmm. Smelled fishy then... and it still does. (BTW -- I play bass now.)

Go check out the rest of The Gallery of Dubious Photojournalism. There's a lot of funny stuff in there.