purple fish guts

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Works in Progress


Here are my four works-in-progress. The pink sock on the left is from Cat Bordhi's book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. I'm at a standstill because they seem to be coming out pretty big, even though the gauge is correct. I LOVE the yarn. It is Regia Silk, and is so soft.

The white in the middle is a preemie hat for our NICU. I almost always have at least one of these going, because they are straight stockinette in the round which is mindless knitting I can do anywhere. They knit up fast, and are for a good cause. (My 12" Addi Turbo Circular needles are perfect for these hats!)

The socks on the right are the Opal Kid's Sock pattern knit with yarn leftover from Kris' socks. (Thanks, Kris for having such small feet.)

And last but not least is the afghan on which they are sitting. It is the Moderne Log Cabin pattern from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. I'm using the baby blanket pattern, but instead of small needles and baby yarn I substituted chunky yarn and 10.5 needles. I'm almost done with the last side, and then I need to do a border. I don't think I'll do the recommended border. I've been wanting to learn how to do an applied i-cord, so that will probably be the border I use. I should get really good at it if I do it around the entire afghan.

I need to finish at least a few of these up, because I just ordered yarn and patterns for two more projects! Kris (different Kris) at The Knitting Wannabe opened up an online knitting store. Think of the cleverest name you can for a knitting store, and then click here to see if the name you came up with is as cute as the name of her shop. She was very helpful planning the projects, and even did some special ordering for me. (Thanks, Kris!) So I'd better get going on my current stuff, because it will be hard not to start my felted clogs and felted alpaca when the supplies arrive.