purple fish guts

Friday, March 04, 2005

Liquid Stone

I've always liked concrete. I like concrete building. I like the look of stained concrete floors. I even considered making my kitchen countertop out of concrete. Most people thought I was nuts for mentioning the idea. Maybe I was.... I don't know. We ended up going with tile instead.... and it turned out nice. The rest of the kitchen is still in utter disarray because I haven't finished the rest of the "re-model." But... the countertop is great.

Anyway... I found a pretty cool exhibit with a bunch of concrete architectural projects. Many seem to be an attempt to "push the boundaries" of concrete construction. Some of them are built, some are being built, and it appears some were commissioned solely for this project.... and I'm guessing will never be built.

It's an annoying flash site, so you have to wander around a bit to see all the stuff.... but I found it interesteing. If architecture as art/sculpture interests you... go check it out

Liquid Stone: New Architecture in Concrete



Auditorio de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain

This is one of the projects in the exhibit. You can also see pictures of this project here.