purple fish guts

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Cleaning Bug

I had a cleaning bug today. You know... that strange urge to make order out of chaos. I'm not sure why I got it today... but I decided I might as well make the best of it. The whole idea of daddy being motivated to clean house sorta threw the kids for a loop, though.

    Okay. You girls need to pick up your toys.

    Why?

    Because it's messy in here.

    But..... why are we picking up?

    Because I said so. Now get to it.

    Awwww.... --grumble--grumble--

They like to listen to "pick-up music" while they're putting toys away. Today it was Thousand Foot Krutch. They did a pretty good job of picking their stuff up. I only had to threaten to throw stuff away a couple times. I did pull a trash bag out once..... just to hear the screams. Heh, heh.

After preschool, I shipped the girls off the Grandma and Grandpa's house so I could fully exploit my cleaning bug. I sorted through a bunch of papers, stapled, punched holes, filed stuff away, took stuff to the garage, sorted through junk mail, and fed way too many credit card applications into the shredder.... and then.... the bug was gone. Oh well, maybe it'll come back around in a month or two.