purple fish guts

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering...


It has been 10 years, but we have not forgotten those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. I lost my mother to cancer in 2008 and quit blogging. It was too hard knowing she wasn't in Charlotte reading my posts. Cancer I can wrap my head around. Terrorism I can't. Who would choose to take so many lives? All of them loved by family, friends, pets. On 9/12/01 partners woke up in bed alone. Kids wondered when Mom was coming home. Puppies were missing their laps, their hugs. The crater at Ground Zero, the smoking Pentagon, the wreckage in Pennsylvania was nothing compared to the hole in so many hearts. Even in the hearts of those of us without a personal connection. In 2006 I participated in the 2,996 Project to remember those who lost their lives on 9/11. Giovanna was one of thousands who we still miss, still mourn. Her story is just one of so many that we remember today.

Read Gennie's story here and never forget...